Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Need For Speed

Now I'm not the biggest gamer, but I do enjoy a good video game every once in a while.  One type of game that I like in particular are the Need For Speed games.  There's so much to the game.  You can do drag races, circuits, drifts, or even just drive around the town.  I also really enjoyed making my car go super fast and look super cool.  Contrary to the title of the game, sometimes a Need For Speed will get you in trouble. 

There are all sorts of courses you have to race, most of them have many twists and turn.  I learned quick that slamming the gas wasn't the best way to win the race.  Sure on the straightaways I did pretty well, but when the turns came, it was disastrous.  I learned quick that I needed to slow down when I saw a turn coming up, and my racing improved drastically. 

Racing is a lot like life.  We often think going as fast as we can will ensure our victory, but that's not true.  We have twists and turns in our life just like in the races, and if we don't slow down, we'll find that our slamming of the gas has slid us off course.  King Benjamin, in the Book of Mormon, gives us the same advice when he says, "...for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength." (Mosiah 4:27).  There's a time when a Need For Speed will do us good, but we need to be careful that we don't over do it.  For when we run faster than we have strength, we will inevitably fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment