Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bad Hair Day

The other day, I officially got the worst haircut of my life.  I was persuaded to let a certain person cut my hair.  Not known to me until after the fact was that it was his first time cutting anyone's hair, but that's besides the point.  In the midst of the noise of the clippers and my hair flying everywhere, the one cutting my hair was busy telling me how good my hair was looking and was going to look. 

I must say, I was pretty excited to check out my new hair-do.  I was convinced that my hair looked good.  Then came the moment to look in the mirror and see how it was.  That was when reality hit, and I suppose I looked something like the picture to the right.  It was only when I stepped back and took a look at myself that I realized my hair needed to change.  And quick!

Our lives are the same way.  We often go through life taking everyone's word for whatever it may be.  But occasionally we need to stop and examine our self.  We need to step back, take a look in the mirror, and see what needs corrected.  Sometimes the realization, such as in my case, can be quite shocking.  We must do whatever we need to in order to fix the problem.  We all make mistakes, but as long as we come back, we will be openly welcomed.  "...There is joy in the presence of angles of God over one sinner that repenteth."  (Luke 15:10).

No comments:

Post a Comment