Friday, May 6, 2011

How Do You Spell Charity?

Mother's Day is quite a special day.  It seems the older you get, the more you appreciate it.  When I was a kid, well, younger than I am now, I just thought Mother's Day was like a second birthday for all moms.  Now that I'm older, I can see the real reason that we have Mother's Day.  Moms everywhere devote their whole lives to their children and they only get one day dedicated to them in return.  It's incredible that they'd do that for all of us. 

The only thing that can compare to our Savior's love for us is the love that moms have for their children.  That love is called charity.  Paul speaks of charity in 1 Corinthians 13:4, which reads, "Charity suffereth long, is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up."  Moroni, a Book of Mormon prophet, adds to that by saying, "But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever" (Moroni 7:47).  These short scriptures just scratch the surface of the unconditional love that each mother has for their children.  No matter what happens, your mom is always your biggest fan. 

I wish there was a way I could sufficiently thank my mom for everything shes done for me.  The best way I've found to repay her comes from 3 John 1:4, which states, "I have no greater joy that to hear that my children walk in truth."  May we all do our best to make our moms proud of us and give them the joy they deserve by walking in truth and righteousness.

A special thanks to all the moms out there and remember that your love and kindness never go unnoticed.  I think I figured out how to spell charity: M-O-M.  Happy Mothers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment