Tuesday, May 3, 2011

No Service, No Cell, No Problem

The world today has so many forms of communication.  We depend on them.  The better the technology, the faster we can communicate.  As the years have gone by, we've evolved from the Pony Express, to mailmen, to emails, to texting, and everything in between.  Through all of these changes, there is one type of communication that has been constant since the beginning of time.  That communication is prayer. 

The unique thing about this type of communication is that we don't need a cell phone signal to use it, we don't have to pay a monthly bill to maintain it, and we don't have to wait for the signal to get through.  It is all at an instant.  Prayer is something that is so simple, yet so powerful.  Often times it is underestimated.  Here's a personal story involving prayer that happened a couple of days ago. 

I lost my planner and couldn't find it for the life of me.  I had looked everywhere for it, or so I thought.  The planner was gone and was no where to be found.  I decided to pray and ask Heavenly Father to guide me to where it is.  Once I finished my prayer, I waited a couple seconds and thought really hard about where it could be.  Still nothing.  The second I stood up to start looking again, a thought came to mind as to where my planner might be, and what do you know, there it was. 

John 14:26 reads, "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."  I know that because I said a prayer, I remembered where I had last put my planner.  Heavenly Father wants to hear from us and really does answer every prayer.  The more we pray, the better we can know what our Heavenly Father has in store for us in this life.  Prayer is the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment